Saturday, July 04, 2009

More thoughts....

Happy July 4th to everyone!!! Please don't forget those who have served our country and those who are currently serving. It is the courage of those that allow us to have the freedoms that we enjoy every day.

A couple of thoughts from the weekend:
  • It is so cool how things can work out. We had some friends need to go visit a sick relative and from that we ended up having a group from Springfield, MO conduct a backyard bible club at our house all week. They were the NEATEST people. It was like we had known them forever. Other than the fact that they were Cardinals fans and Missouri fans, they were great. I feel like we made some friends for life this week.
  • I FINALLY went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen this weekend with my wife. Wow! I loved it. I thought the story was well thought out and it played out at a very good pace. Nothing was rushed just to get into the CGI stuff. Definitely a movie I will own and watch countless times.
  • I had a dream last night of Marian Hossa's first game as a Blackhawk. I know that sounds weird but that was a HUGE get for the Hawks. They are going to make even more noise next year in the NHL playoffs. Oh yeah baby!
  • Maybe this is the homestand that turns the Cubs around. Taking the first two from the Brewers is a good start to making their move and taking control of the Central. Now if they could get ARam back and swinging the bat as well as get Soriano right - watch out!
  • Even though I probably shouldn't have (with my bad ankle) I went and played golf yesterday. Had a blast. I even played pretty well with a bad ankle and not having played in a year. Shot a 49 and 52 at Stoney Creek. I will take that all day at this point. I ever parred the last hole, a par 5.
Til next time!

No comments: