Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Updates

Wow - I always get so ambitious when I try and start up the blog....and then life gets in the way. So to make up for lost time, here is a bulleted list of things that have happened since our last conversation.
  • I got an iPhone. LOVE IT!!! For some reason, I couldn't talk my wife into letting me get one. But the salesman at the AT&T store could. Woo-hoo!! And I wasn't going to let her get one without me getting one. If you have a chance to get one - do it. You won't regret it.
  • We finally got our back patio poured and it is awesome. It makes such a HUGE difference to have a place now in back where you can go and relax. We eat dinner out there alot too because it is so nice.
  • School is starting soon....yuck. I have started to plan for the fall and it becomes tougher every year. Not because I don't enjoy school but because the summer goes so fast and I enjoy the time with my family
  • My ankle is getting better. The physical therapy is helping...but it is just a slow process.
  • Got to visit home over the weekend. So much fun!! I got to take the boys to all the places I frequented as a kid. I showed them the houses I grew up in, the schools I went to, the ball fields I played on all summer long, and we went to visit Dad's grave as well. Brannon kind of freaked out about dying and being away from us. But we worked it out.
  • I love two things about going home (besides the fan) - Kitchen Cooked Potato Chips. They are the best chips on the planet. And Avanti's restaurant. Their food is amazing, especially the Gondola. It is the best sandwich in the entire world. My wife is hooked on them now and so is her parents. Once you have one, you will be too
  • The Cubs - yikes. How up and down can they be? Sweep Washington, lost 2 straight to Philly. At least they are still only two games out....I guess.
  • The All-Star Game just sucks now. I HATE the face that the winner gets home field in the World Series. It's not right. Plus, guys who get to go to the game don't get to play...just in case it goes extra innings. It is an EXHIBITION!!! Keep it at that.
OK, that's all for now. I will try and keep up in the near future.....so says the sporadic blogger. :)

No comments: