Monday, March 09, 2015

A New Day

No Monday Musings today as it is the start of a new day in the life of this blog/website. I've had a vision for awhile about a sports website that could report sports news but be just a little different than everyone else. I've been a Christian my whole life and it is an important part of who I am as a person. I can't deny that. At the same time, I've also not been a person who always puts my religious perspective into my sports takes. On very few occasions do the need to mix the two occur.

It's very simple. At my church we discuss sports ALL the time. Christians aren't different than anyone else when it comes to sports. Yes, we may like athletes like Tim Tebow more than the secular fan because of his faith, but again, it's not a proselytizing purpose. For example, should an incident like the Ray Rice incident occur again I truly believe many Christians wonder how to react to it. Our God is a forgiving God, but he also asks for each gender to be submissive to the other in love (Ephesians 5:22-33).

It can be a slippery slope but the Bible is the truth and that's where I'll go if necessary. However, for the most part I will reports sports...and some professional wrestling because I'm a huge fan of that as well. Maybe some pop culture stuff like movies, music and TV may pop in occasionally as well. 

There you have it - a new day. And I'm excited.

Until next time,
Shawn

No comments: